PARTNER with US to BUILD STRONGER COMMUNITIES!
The Affordable Housing Alliance (AHA) is a leader in the field of affordable housing in New Jersey. The AHA has demonstrated excellence both in the construction of new multi-family apartment communities and the rehabilitation of existing family and senior apartment projects.
The Affordable Housing Alliance also serves as an Administrative Agent to several of the properties we help develop. We have a dedicated team of property managers and maintenance staff who help solve any issues that may arise as they work diligently to keep each property as beautiful 30 years down the line as it is the day it was built. As an Administrative Agent, the AHA is able to ensure a steady supply of affordable housing units.
Our residents are the hard-working backbone of the community; Teachers, veterans, social workers, and retail professionals are the people we create and administer homes for, so by becoming our partner you are in fact supporting those who matter most.
We invite you to learn more about our company and our team of highly capable professionals who are passionate about creating healthy and accommodating environments for those most vulnerable in our communities.
- Developing and certifying affirmative marketing plan for advertising rental and for sale unit & rehabilitation program
- Gathering applicant data and determining eligibility through a preliminary application submission process
- Determining affordable unit rental and sale prices
- Determining household criteria and preferences
- Creating the applicant pool waiting list by splitting applicants into eligibility categories based on preliminary application results
- Establishing the final applicant pool waiting list through random lottery selection process
- Certifying applicant eligibility prior to referring them to developer or owners
- Certifying current resident homeowners for rehabilitation program assistance
- Certify owner occupant status
- Preparing closing documents that include all required deed restrictions for developed and rehabilitation units, as well as refinance subordinations for current owner units
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Founded in 1991, the AHA’s goal is to expand affordable housing resources to support low-to-moderate income individuals and families through inter-agency cooperation and partnership
- The AHA administers utility programs throughout NJ, helping thousands of residents pay their gas, oil, and electric bills
- Since its founding, the AHA has successfully developed 550 homes in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex Counties and maintains an active portfolio of affordable rental units
- As a certified Administrative Agency for the Council on Affordable Housing, the AHA works with municipalities to assist with COAH compliance and developing low-impact rental options for their affordable housing plans
- The AHA partners with other non-profit community organizations and is an active member in public and private housing boards and committees, while receiving redevelopment funding from state, federal, and local sources
- Over 1,000 qualified families and individuals have purchased their first home with the assistance of the AHA through educational workshops and one-on-one counseling
- Over 600 individuals and families who are delinquent in their mortgage or in danger of foreclosure contact our office monthly for counseling and assistance
- The AHA’s work has been recognized at local, state, and national levels including the Governor’s Award for Housing Excellence, the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials, the NAACP President’s Community Service Award, the NJ Clean Energy Award, and the NJVOAD Innovative Service Partnership Award while our services as an Administrative Agent has been retained by ten (10) municipalities.
“The Affordable Housing Alliance aims to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including local governments, neighborhood organizations, financial institutions, and fellow non-profits to ensure New Jersey communities meet or exceed their housing obligations.”
Randi Moore, CEO
Front Porch Development, LLC
78 1st Avenue, 2nd Floor
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
2 Hennessey Blvd.
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
The Alpert Group
1 Parker Plaza
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
774 Wayside Rd,
Neptune City, NJ 07753
“I have been involved with AHA for the past 14 years and have always found the staff to be responsive and spot on. From Donna to Toi and many others in the field and office, they go way above to help. They are companionate, caring and are an asset not only to developers and municipalities but to their clients.”
Adam Hubeny, Borough Administrator, Atlantic Highlands